Vallourec in China
For more than 100 years Vallourec has been supplying
China with large quantities of increasingly sophisticated tubes and pipes
primarily serving the power generation and oil & gas markets as well as
process, mechanical and structural applications.
On the power generation market, Vallourec is a recognized and experienced expert of solutions for nuclear and conventional (supercritical and ultra supercritical) power plants. As an example, we delivered our first premium tubular solutions for supercritical plant project of Qin Bei in 1995.
In oil & gas, Vallourec offers a wide range of premium tubular solutions as drill pipes, OCTG, risers, line-pipes and offshore structures, delivering products to the most demanding and critical fields in China such as Tarim basin (deep wells with critical geological conditions), Sichuan basin (extreme drilling conditions wells with high content of H2S and geological difficulties) as well as Bohai and Nanhai Seas (performance products for drilling deep water wells and complex extended reach wells).
Vallourec is heavily committed to research and development, particularly in the energy market. Thanks to our 6 R & D centers worldwide, our effort is focused in three main areas: manufacturing processes, new and improved products and new services.
Over the last two decades, the Vallourec Group opened numerous plants in China.
· 1996 CHANGZHOU VALINOX GREAT WALL WELDED TUBE (Now changed to Vallourec Heat Exchanger Tubes (Changzhou) Co., Ltd.) is the first investment of the Group in China. The plant runs 7 welding lines to manufacture welded stainless steel tubes. Changzhou Great Wall Welded Tube was recently honored as star and advanced enterprise by the city of Changzhou.
· 2005 XI’AN BAOTIMET VALINOX TUBES, is a Joint Venture with Baoti and Timet. The plant produces high quality titanium welded tubes to serve the Chinese power generation, chemical processing industries and desalination markets.
· 2006 V & M CHANGZHOU (Now changed to Vallourec (Changzhou) Co., Ltd.), part of Vallourec TUBES division, is a state of the art plant. It produces large OD seamless alloy and high alloy pipes mainlydedicated to the power generation market (boiler and piping system) and other industrial applications.
· 2006 CHANGZHOU CAREX VALINOX COMPONENTS (Now changed to Vallourec Automotive Components (Changzhou) Co., Ltd.) produces high quality welded stainless steel heat exchanger tubes for Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) systems.
· 2007 VAM CHANGZHOU OIL AND GAS PREMIUM EQUIPMENTS part of the VallourecTUBES division, is a joint venture with Sumitomo metals and Sumitomo Corp. The plant is a modern and efficient facility which delivers VAM® premium tubes and connections to the Oil and Gas fields located in China.
· 2012 Extension of Vallourec CHANGZHOU capacity
· 2012 VALINOX NUCLEAIRE TUBES (GUANGZHOU) manufactures steam generator tubes to serve the fast growing Chinese nuclear power program.
Vallourec in China operates different services' structures:
· Sales Offices of Vallourec Tubes are located in Beijing.
· VAM Field Service (Beijing) is part of VAM Field Service International network which employs over 120 qualified specialists around the world. In case of any particular request from our customers, VAM Field Service technicians will be sent to the site to better answer the customer's needs.
· Vallourec Oil & Gas (China), located in Zhangjiagang, is a trading center dedicated to OCTG and drilling products.